The latest version is always linked on the main RetroArch Fire TV page.
The 1.4.1 “open beta” improvements and a lot more are rolled into a new release.
You can read the announcement here, but a summary of relevant updates since 1.4.1:
- MOBILE: Single-tap for menu entry selection
- MOBILE: Long-tap a setting to reset to default
- ANDROID: Autoconf fallback
- ANDROID: Mouse support / Emulated mouse support
- AUTOCONF: Fix partial matches for pad name
- COMMON: Threading fixes
- COMMON: 9-slice texture drawing support
- GUI: Various settings are now only visible when advanced settings is enabled
- GUI: Allow changing icon theme on the fly
- GUI: Add a symbol page in the OSK (Onscreen Keyboard)
- GUI: Better dialogs for XMB
- LOCALIZATION: Add/update Korean translation
- LOCALIZATION: Rewrite German translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update several English sublabels
- LOCALIZATION: Update several Japanese labels
- NET: Allow manual netplay content loading
- NET: Announcing network games to the public lobby is optional now
- NET: Bake in miniupnpc
- NET: Fix netplay join for contentless cores
- NET: LAN games show next to lobbies with (LAN) and connect via the private IP address
- NET: Use new lobby system with MITM (Man In The Middle) support
- NET: Fix netplay rooms being pushed on the wrong tab
- NUKLEAR: Update to current version
- SCANNER: Always add 7z & zip to supported extensions
- VULKAN: Find supported composite alpha in swapchain
- VULKAN: Add snow/bokeh shader pipeline effects – at parity with GL now
Following adds the list of major changes in 1.4.1:
- Improved Netplay. This is the major new feature, and also the reason they’re calling it a beta.
- UTF-8 language support
- Free Bomberman clone, Mr.Boom. multiplayer only.
- New menu effects to make things prettier
- Vulkan N64 (ParaLLel) and PSX (Mednafen) works on Android. Vulkan is a low level graphics API like DirectX 10 and Metal. Don’t expect miracles, as GPU isn’t the bottleneck in either of these emulators.
- Improved performance
- Android: Fixed longstanding touch bug
- Android: GLES3/3.1 support. This enables the new fancy interface on supporting devices (2nd Gen 2015 Fire TV is only Fire TV device that supports 3.1, 1st Gen 2014 Fire TV supports 3.0)
I’ll update the main RetroArch post ASAP.